Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cheap Entertainment!

Please don't read this blog if you have tendencies to turn people in to Child Services...I will deny everything! With that being said...I took the 9V battery out of my smoke detector this morning, because when I opened the pellet stove door black smoke came pouring out (don't ask!)! No need to wake the hubby! Brayden, Amanda, & I were hanging in the basement family room goofing around, and Brayden asks Amanda to put the battery on her tongue! He said it hurt his tongue...how funny for a child to figure this out without being encouraged by older children! What would possess someone to put a battery in their mouth? Then along comes Riley, but she was too smart to be tricked & Amanda was afraid of getting hurt! Do braces multiply the effect? So, I tried it since it's been awhile, it's still not very pleasant! I was laughing so hard as we all took turns zapping our tongues with a 9V battery! Brayden is a genius! And they're only $1 at the dollar general! Stock up, it's great idea for family game night! Maybe you can see who can hold it on the longest or something cool like that! Just a suggestion, no need to thank me!

7 comments:

Kara said...

You guys are nuts! Kinda crazy too, but I still love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me??? Genius was mentioned atleast once and I fail to find any behavior that would fall into that category. HOWEVER....my husband just said if I can find a battery do you want to do it right now. He just got up!
Oh Lord!!! I am NOT sinking to the Ellis family level.
THanks a ton for the laughs!! You are hysterical!!

Anonymous said...

Gary just tried and he said ours is dead!!!
Oh the jealosy!!

Anonymous said...

The memories! Love your blog, you are so Funny! Not going to attempt this I still no the zapping feeling, I also had the kiddies try this one out before. It is cheap entertainment. :o)

andreac said...

Yep, you're going to jail. I hope Mike can protect you!

andreac said...

What's next? Huffing gasoline in the garage?

Kara said...

I guess the comment didn't take...your letter is "f"! Good luck!