Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Queenie Rules!

My sister, whom I un-affectionately used to call Queenie, is so talented and most importantly...the best mom ever! Well, after me that is...Anyway, I just got off the phone with her to apologize for not scooting down to attend Elle Belle's bday gathering. This photo is in honor of the Birthday Girl to be tomorrow...4 years old and smart as her Aunt Loren (had to put my name in there in case any of her other aunts thought I was talking about them)! Here is a cake I whipped up just for her...kidding...some crazy lady must have nothing better to do with her life then make gorgeous doll cakes!
Val wanted to make a barbie cake using the PC batter bowl, but informed me that the Barbie didn't fit! I asked her what she did...cut of the legs?...nope, she went and found a Strawberry Shortcake doll, and gave it a hair brushing and was good to go! My hero! That girl is a quick thinker! Ellie, I love you bunches! Hugs an Kisses! Happy 4th Birthday!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I like the new look of your blog! : )

Anonymous said...

Oh Great,now you have done it!!
Ellie's comment is..."Mommy can you make that for me?" What? Did you not just see the beautiful cake I made. Practically the same! And for all of you wannabe cake decorator mom's Barbie does NOT fit in the batter bowl with one cake mix. Her hindend sticks out, however, Strawberry Shortcake does!
Love ya Loren...
Queenie...Oh I used to get so twisted at that and now I realize oh yes! She was right!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! You forgot to post the winner of the jewelry drawing!!!!
the man never wins anything...well, except me.

andreac said...

I too had an issue with my Barbie being too tall for my PC bowl cake. I found out later that I was supposed to use 2 cake mixes. I used a cup on top of the cake to make Barbie's dress the appropriate length. We wouldn't want her showing off her "cash and prizes"!