Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Laundry Woes!

As if it isn't already a long and torturous day when you spend it doing the laundry for yourself and 5 other, mostly ungrateful, family members...it's compounded when the washer timer is broken! Courtney has actually taken a liking to wearing unmatched socks, this actually frees her to be grumpy and complain about everything else in her life...did I mention she's 14? Feel my pain! My dear hubby's solution: "Do you want to just go buy a new one(washer, not 14 year old)?" Uh, no! So, me being Mrs. Fix It searched the web to determine that it (hopefully) is the timer and I spent the $65 for a new one. The only catch...I ordered it forever ago! Okay, last week...but no timer yet! The problem started on New Years Eve. After I went to put a load of laundry into the dryer @ 12:30am on New Years Day, I realized the water was still in the washer and just moved it to spin and went to bed! I awoke @ 3:38am (I remember these things) and heard the washer still spinning! Needless to say I have had problems ever since trying to be the timer for my washer, so I'm sure I will have killed the motor by the time I get the new timer & will have to get a new washer! I also, had the brilliant idea this morning to just pop the Downy ball after the wash water drained & skip the first spin...why does it need to spin when it's just gonna fill up again? They must be in cahoots with the electric company! I am a genius for figuring this out first...too bad you can't patent smartness! Oh my goodness...I just saw that "just pop the Downy ball" was originally typed as "just poop the Downy ball"...too funny! LOL! Aren't you glad you took time out of your life to read this blog today? I hope I'm not the only one who laughs at my antics! Have a great day...I'm off to my own little world!

2 comments:

Kara said...

So at first I thought you were talking about your dryer because I have one sitting in my garage that I am attempting to get rid of! It is only 5 years old and works fine..i will explain why I have it later! So it you know of anyone who wants it...take it!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love it when you type poop on accident.
Now THAT is funny stuff!
Love, One of your future jewelry models.