Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Bunch of Dorks!

I apologize in advance to all of my audience that is not related to me, but I have to show how much fun a bunch of 30 something siblings can have together without their children for entertainment!

During one of our last beautiful days of fall a couple of weeks ago I was invited to join Melissa(SIL), Scott(Bro), Val(Sis) & Gary(BIL) for dinner. My hubby was doing his Nat'l Guard duty, so I was on my own! Those of you who know what a talker I am can only imagine what it's like when my family is together! It took us 5 minutes to decide where to go (we had to vote for our top 2)...Red Lobster it is...then Val decided to throw out her desire for some steak w/ shrimp on it at Applebee's & and we almost died trying to get off the exit to get off 81 at the last minute, because if Val isn't happy...she know's I'm kidding! Then we arrive, & Scott tells Missy to jump out and get us a table...he is very chivilrous(it's in the dictionary, Scott!)...So, Missy...being the very submissive wife she is, refused! I think that's why Scott ran onto the curb & scratched her new vehicle underneath when we parked! So finally, we head for the door as 100 people came out of no where & we end up with a half hour minumum wait! Way to go Melissa! I was able to entertain some other people with my tailgating story while we waited outside...I'm so pathetic! On to dinner...our waiter, who thought he was all that and a box of chocolates, got us our drinks and appetizers in record time...we continued to talk, laugh, take photos (and send them to my hubby), and be obnoxious...Here is Me, Scott & Melissa!

Please, no matter how good looking you think Gary is...He does not want any stalkers! However, he is available for purchase! The evening continued and much time passed...We even saw my Dad's cousin & his girlfriend arrive...then get their food before us! Our waiter informed us they were a little backed up in the kitchen, but we know he probably never put in our dinner orders! He tried to butter us up, but really I think he just wanted to be part of our family! Thanks to Val's viciousness we were able to get free shooter desserts! Not that we had any room in our bellies, but we were not about to lose out on something free! YUM! Now for the ride home...

Some dork (me) tried to get some funny photos to post, but Val has this camera that has a flash that can blind you & she started in...we were laughing so hard taking all of these rediculous photos blinding each other & it's a wonder Melissa didn't crash just to stop us from taking more pictures! Here they are...I figure this is what we would like if the Paparazzi tried to take our photos...



I hope you enjoyed this trip with a bunch of crazies, welcome to my world!

1 comments:

andreac said...

total greatness! I didn't even need to be related to enjoy your story!