Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Children's Dictionary

It is a really great thing when your children make up their own definitions to words that I thought were already in the dictionary...like let me use "no" as an example!

Riley thought it would be great to paint a piece of wood sculpture that she made, since she saw her 14 year old sis do it recently...I told her "no"...she thought that I meant...sure, go ahead and get out the paint and brushes and be artistic. I only found out that this was her definition of no when I saw my 3 year old son walking around with paint ALL over him & went to investigate (mind you, this is what I get for being on the phone for the thousandth time that day)! When I went to the garage I discovered a perfectly 80's style of splatter paint decor all over my garage floor and to add to this abstract design about 25 empty bottle of craft paint! Pretty cool, except that was not in my original design plan for my garage. Needless to say, I never yelled at Riley or Brayden! Whoa! And Amanda, bless her sweet little heart, helped me spray, sweep, scrub & wipe up 300 gallons of water and paint out of the garage...along with 1/3 of the paint that was supposed to be on the floor already! I might add I used the hose & green scrubby part of my sponge to get the paint off Brayden's legs & feet just to make sure he doesn't think "no" means I get a nice warm bubble bath when I'm done making a huge mess!

More to come...

3 comments:

Kara said...

So glad you can find humor in these situations! I actually think it is a cute design! GO BUBBY!

Loren said...

the photo is one i found online...his was not as pretty! And do not encourage this behavior Kara, because I believe you have a little boy who can learn well from him!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is quite pretty actually... :-)